To promote economic growth and the expansion of existing businesses within our service territory, our Board of Directors adopted an Economic Development Policy that, among other things, provides grants each year. In 2017, $50,000 was awarded.
The grant application process opens generally in late January. The grant awards are determined each spring, generally at the May board meeting. The process is announced through press release and the PUD facebook page each year, when the new application is posted to this page.
To be eligible for consideration, each grant request must:
- Be for infrastructure or property within the PUD service territory with an expected life of at least 5 years. Grants for infrastructure must be submitted by property owner. No grants will be awarded for contracted services, such as engineering services, consultant studies, etc., or for consumables. Grants must be for bricks and mortar type of projects.
- Be for no more than 40% of the total grant funds available in any given year.
There are some restrictions.
- No grant will be awarded to a project that has received PUD economic development grant funding twice in a 5-year period.
- Private, for-profit ventures are ineligible.
- State and federal laws prohibit PUD (public) funds being awarded to religious affiliated entities.
For more information, contact Kathy McBride, Executive Assistant, at (541) 298-3302. To apply for a grant, fill out the application below.