Northern Wasco County PUD will be accepting applications for Economic Development grants until 5 p.m., April 15, 2022
Applications may be obtained by one of the following methods:
- Downloaded from this page and submitted electronically or sent via paper mailing service.
- By calling the office and requesting that an application be faxed or mailed.
There are some restrictions:
- No grant will be awarded to a project that has received PUD economic development grant funding twice in a 5-year period.
- Private, for-profit ventures are ineligible. You must document non-profit status.
- State and federal laws prohibit PUD (public) funds from being awarded to entities with religious affiliations.
Questions should be directed to Kathy McBride at (541) 298-3302
The Board of Directors will consider all requests received during the Board meeting on May 3, 2022, at 6 p.m.
The Board of Directors allocated $50,000 this year to help fund local economic development projects. No application can be for more than $20,000. Applications must include a brief history of the requesting organization and description of the project, including how the project will economically benefit the community, what steps are being taken to bring the project to successful completion, other community resources being utilized, and how the organization and project will contribute back to the community.
Projects shall be for infrastructure or property with a life expectancy of at least five years and are located within the Northern Wasco County PUD service area. Applications must be signed by the property owner. A detailed budget of the proposed project, including contributions and labor, must accompany the application, as well as proof of “not for profit” status. Grants awarded for projects not commenced within one year of award will be forfeited without special approval by the Board of Directors.
2022 Economic Development Grant Instructions and Application
– or –
For more information or questions, contact Kathy McBride at (541) 298-3302