To promote economic growth and the expansion of existing businesses within our service territory, our Board of Directors adopted an Economic Development Policy that, among other things, provides grants each year. In 2019, a total of $50,000 will be awarded.
The grant application process opens early in the award year. The grant awards are determined each spring, generally at the May board meeting. The process is announced through press release and the PUD Facebook page each year, when the new application is posted to this page.
To be eligible for consideration, each grant request must:
- Be for infrastructure or property within the PUD service territory with an expected life of at least 5 years. Grants for infrastructure must be submitted by property owner. No grants will be awarded for contracted services, such as engineering services, consultant studies, etc., or for consumables. Grants must be for brick and mortar type of projects.
- Be for no more than $20,000 (40% of the total grant funds available in 2019).
There are some restrictions:
- No grant will be awarded to a project that has received PUD economic development grant funding twice in a 5-year period.
- Private, for-profit ventures are ineligible.
- State and federal laws prohibit PUD (public) funds being awarded to entities with religious affiliation.
For more information, contact Kathy McBride, Executive Assistant, at (541) 298-3302. To apply for a grant, fill out, print, and return the application linked below: