Transmission and Distribution Utility Services
Bid Number: Transmission and Distribution Utility ServicesStatus: Closed
Bidding Begins: Thursday, March 07, 2019
Bidding Ends: Friday, March 22, 2019
Northern Wasco County People's Utility District (hereinafter called "District") issues this Request for Proposals soliciting Transmission and Distribution Utility Services.
Project Description and Scope of WorkThe successful Contractor will be expected to provide labor and equipment on a time and equipment basis for transmission and distribution system maintenance projects that may include, but are not limited to:
- Rebuilding and replacing system circuits, structures, and equipment with the intent to maintain system capacity and operating capability and to fulfill the District’s obligation to serve existing customers and load.
- Maintenance of aging system circuits, structures, and equipment may include replacement with material of new and current technologies.
- System improvement projects initiated by District customers and developers may be assigned to the Contractor under the labor and equipment agreement with the District.
In the event that the District has work involving restoration of service or other actions necessary to preserve the safety, integrity or reliability of the District electric system, resulting from but not limited to weather events, wild fire, natural disaster, traffic accidents, electrical system collapse, work can be assigned to the contract line crew under the labor and equipment agreement with the District.
Assignments to perform tasks such as meter reading, disconnects and reconnects, street light maintenance, customer trouble calls, electrician assists, substation and circuit switching, substation inspections, after hours call-outs for customer issues, vegetation management, pole inspections and State of Oregon Public Utility Commission compliance corrections may be assigned to the Contractor under the labor and equipment agreement with the District.
On-going DeliverablesProvide Labor and Equipment on a Labor and Equipment basis, at the agreed upon billable rate, for a duration of time that the total accrued billing reaches up to but shall not exceed $450,000.00.
Proposal Contents SummaryIn summary, each proposal must meet all of the following to be considered for acceptance by the District:
- Provide a copy of the Contractor’s cost and payment schedule.
- Outline the Contractor’s relevant experience in the last two years.
- Provide a list of previous clients that may be used as references.
- Include the name, address, and telephone number of the primary person from the Contractor who will coordinate the services with the District.
- See Evaluation Criteria below and include necessary items to determine scoring and evaluation of Contractor.
Experience and QualificationsDemonstration of proposed project team members:
- Qualifications to perform work in applicable discipline(s).
- Knowledge of technical criteria and administrative requirements for projects of similar scope.
- Current and projected workload of each proposed project personnel and proportion of time available for this contract.
Contractor ExperienceDemonstration of Contractor’s:
- Qualifications to perform work in applicable disciplines.
- Past performance in completing projects of similar size and scope.
- Demonstration of past experience in providing construction services to governmental agencies in the electric industry by both the Contractor and the project team.
- Demonstration of past experience in providing transmission and distribution utility services in the geographical region by both the Contractor and the project team.
Availability and Commitment of Resources
- Proposed Staff for Project
- Resource Availability
Evaluation ProcessDistrict staff will evaluate all the proposals based on the criteria listed above and on cost competitiveness. The District’s staff may also request clarifications or additional information, if needed. A selection may be based on the cost alone or any combination of the Evaluation Criteria, references and interviews. The District’s Contract Review Board will review staff’s selection and make the determination whether to authorize staff to execute the contract with the selected bidder.
DisqualificationThe District reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive any informality or technicality in any proposal in the interest of the District. Factors, such as, but not limited to, any of the following, may disqualify submissions without further consideration:
- Evidence of collusion, directly or indirectly, among contractors in regard to the amount, terms or conditions of this invitation to bid;
- Any attempt to improperly influence any member of the evaluation team;
- Existence of any lawsuit, unresolved contractual claim or dispute between contractor and the District;
- Evidence of incorrect information submitted as part of the proposal;
- Evidence of the contractor’s inability to successfully complete the responsibilities and obligations described in the request for proposal; and
- Contractor’s default under any previous agreement with the District.
Contractors submitting proposals are required to either mail or hand-deliver two (2) bound hardcopies and one (1) USB or similar electronic copy addressed to “Northern Wasco County PUD, c/o Patrick Morehart – “Transmission and Distribution Services at 2345 River Road, The Dalles, OR 97058, no later than March 22, 2019 at 10:00AM. The entire submittal shall be of a sealed type. Submissions after that time will not be opened. The District may reject any or all Bids submissions if the District deems doing so would be in the public’s interest. Once a submittal is selected, the District will determine if they desire to enter into negotiations for a final Contract with the most competitive and qualified bidder. Final project related matters will be negotiated during this period to the satisfaction of the District. Any entity responding to this solicitation shall do so at its sole expense. This solicitation is being conducted pursuant to procedures set forth in the District’s Procurement Policies; the Oregon Revised Statutes, Chapter 279B Public Contracting - Public Procurements; and OAR 137-047.