Moving a House or Equipment Under Power Lines

The PUD requires advanced notice – and in some cases, a fee – whenever a house, other structure or equipment is moved across roadways, along roadways, or along other rights of way in which there are power lines.

Advanced written notice shall be made to the utility that includes the dimensions of the object being moved, the time it will be moved, and the exact route over which it will be moved.

A payment in advance of the move will be required to recover the utility’s cost of providing clearance of electric lines during the move. The payment will be based on the estimated cost of providing PUD personnel, plus the cost of any overhead, equipment and materials required to provide clearance for the mover.

In no case shall anyone other than authorized employees of the PUD remove, cut, raise or handle any electric wires in connection with the move.