Energy Efficiency Upgrade Program (EEUP) FAQs
Future list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about our rebate programs… stay tuned for a comprehensive list of questions and answers!
- An EEUP will make your home more energy efficient by using less energy to produce the same or better results.
- EEUPs help to make the home or business safer and healthier, providing increased comfort and well-being for the occupants.
- An EEUP can reduce drafts and heat loss and increase resistance to extreme temperature differences. Your home will retain warmth in the winter, and stay cooler longer in the summer.
- Many of our EEUPs improve the efficiency of your existing heating and distribution system = longer unit life expectancy and lower bills.
- Simply put… It pays to weatherize and insulate your home! Our EEUPs help to increase the value of your home while also reimbursing our customers through rebates and incentives.
After reviewing the general information posted on our website, the first step is to contact one of our Energy Management Team members at the PUD office. After your questions are answered and we determine which EEUP you are eligible for, we will then schedule an EEUP Assessment to determine measure eligibility.
The main difference between our EEUP and IQEEUP programs are the rebate amounts and the eligibility process. For the rebate program amount comparisons, please see chart below. All customers living in electrically heated homes are eligible for the Traditional EEUP rebate amounts. Customers that are income-qualified through the CAP office can participate in an IQEEUP that provides larger rebates on the project.
If your entire household’s monthly gross income is 60% of the state median income or less, then you should qualify for one of our income-qualified programs! Households can qualify for our IQEEUP through the local Community Action Partnership (CAP) office located at 312 E 12th St. in The Dalles.
After reviewing the general information posted on our website, the first step is to contact one of our Energy Management Team members at the PUD office. After your questions are answered and we determine which EEUP or IQEEUP you are eligible for, we will direct you to contact the CAP office at 541-298-5131 and schedule an intake appointment to submit the required documentation. Once that appointment is completed and you are verified as a qualifying household, please call the PUD to schedule a IQEEUP Assessment.
2021 Upgrade Program Rebate Comparison*
|Qualifying EEUP Measure/Product||Traditional EEUP for Homeowners||Income-Qualified EEUP for Tenants and Landlords||Income-Qualified EEUP for Homeowners|
|Attic/Floor Insulation||$0.75 / SF||$1.50 / SF||100% Paid|
|Wall Insulation||$1.25 / SF||$2.50 / SF||100% Paid|
|Duct Sealing (PTCS)||$300 – $350||$600 – $700||100% Paid|
|Exterior Doors (ES Rated)||$75.00 / each||$150.00 / each||100% Paid|
|Windows (U-Value <0.30)||$6.00 / SF||$12.00 / SF||100% Paid|
|Ductless Heat Pump (DHP)||$300-$1,300||$600-$2,600||100% Paid|
|High-Efficiency Heat Pump Upgrade (HEHP)||$1,400-$1,900||$2,800-$3,800||$3,800|
|Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH)||$600.00||$1,200.00||100% Paid|
|Energy Star Rated Refrigerator||$30.00||$60.00||$30.00|
|Energy Star Rated Clothes Washer||$75.00||$150.00||$75.00|
|SMART Thermostat||$150.00||$150.00||100% Paid|
* Rebate amounts will not exceed 80% of the cost to purchase and install upgraded unit or measure (unless noted). All programs subject to funding availability.