Energy Efficiency Upgrade Program (EEUP) FAQs
Future list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about our rebate programs… stay tuned for a comprehnsive list of questions and answers!
- An EEUP will make your home more energy efficient by using less energy to produce the same or better results.
- EEUPs help to make the home or business safer and healthier, providing increased comfort and well-being for the occupants.
- An EEUP can reduce drafts and heat loss and increase resistance to extreme temperature differences. Your home will retain warmth in the winter, and stay cooler longer in the summer.
- Many of our EEUPs improve the efficiency of your existing heating and distribution system = longer unit life expectancy and lower bills.
- Simply put… It pays to weatherize and insulate your home! Our EEUPs help to increase the value of your home while also reimbursing our customers through rebates and incentives.
The main difference between our EEUP and LIEEUP programs are the rebate amounts and the eligibility process. For the rebate program amount comparisons, please see chart below. All customers living in electrically heated homes are eligible for the Traditional EEUP rebate amounts. Customers that qualify as a low-income household through the CAP office can participate in a LIEEUP that provides larger rebates on the project.
After reviewing the general information posted on our website, the first step is to contact one of our Energy Management Specialists at the PUD office. After your questions are answered and we determine which EEUP or LIEEUP you are eligible for, we will direct you to submit a Residential EEUP application for a site visit and assessment. You can either submit this application via our website form, print out an application and send it in to the office, or feel free to visit our office, fill out the application, and submit it directly. Whichever avenue you choose, we will contact you to schedule the energy analysis within 30 days or less.
2019 Rebate Program Comparison*
|Qualifying EEUP Measure/Product||Traditional EEUP for Homeowners||Low-Income EEUP for Tenants and Landlords||Low-Income EEUP for Homeowners|
|Attic/Floor Insulation||$0.75 / SF||$1.50 / SF||No-Cost|
|Wall Insulation||$1.25 / SF||$2.50 / SF||No-Cost|
|Duct Sealing (PTCS)||$300 – $350||$600 – $700||No-Cost|
|Exterior Doors (ES Rated)||$75.00 / each||$150.00 / each||No-Cost|
|Windows (U-Value <0.30)||$6.00 / SF||$12.00 / SF||No-Cost|
|Ductless Heat Pump (DHP)||$1,000 – $1,200||$2,000 – $2,400||No-Cost|
|High-Efficiency Heat Pump (HEHP)||$1,000 – $1,400||$2,000 – $2,800||N/A|
|Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH)||$500.00||$1,000.00||No-Cost|
|Energy Star Rated Refrigerator||$30.00||$60.00||$30.00|
|Energy Star Rated Clothes Washer||$75.00||$150.00||$75.00|
* Rebate amounts will not exceed 80% of the cost to purchase and install upgraded unit or measure