EEUP for Heat Pumps
High Efficiency Air-Source Ducted, Ductless, and Ducted Mini-Split Heat Pump Systems
This EEUP for Heat Pumps is available with rebates of up to $1,900 for installing a high-efficiency ducted or ductless heat pump system. In 2020-2021, our Income-Qualified Energy Efficiency Upgrade Program (IQEEUP) for Tenants and Landlords offers further increased rebates to qualifying households.
Pre-Approval Required for ALL Future Installations – All required fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application must be completed and required documents (AHRI, Sizing Calculator, etc.) must be submitted for pre-approval before installation prior to being considered for rebate payment.
Upon receipt of this application for pre-approval, the NWCPUD will notify the installing contractor of pre-approval acceptance and assign rebate amounts, if program funds are available. After installation is completed, complete ALL remaining fields on this application and submit it to our office or e-mail the application with a final, detailed invoice to email@example.com.
A Virtual Rebate Inspection (VRI) with then be scheduled with the occupant to confirm code installation and application will be submitted for customer payment upon passing the VRI.
NEW! FILL & SUBMIT REBATE APPLICATIONS NEW!
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Your web browser’s ‘system viewer’ should not be used to complete, save, and/or submit this application. You must download the form and open it with your computer’s default .pdf reader software program (Adobe, Foxit, etc.)
After all pre-approval fields (*) are completed, save the file to your computer, attach it to an email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
After installation is completed, open the file again in your .pdf reader software program to fill out the remaining fields, save it to your computer, and attach your completed application and final invoice as an attachment in an email to: email@example.com
Traditional EEUP rebates for the installation of ducted, high-efficiency heat pump (HEHP) systems are available for homes with:
- existing electric forced-air furnace (conversion): $1,900
- existing electric heat pump, electric zonal (cadets, wall heaters, etc.), ductless heat pump, non-electric heating system, or no existing primary heating system (upgrade): $1,400
Traditional EEUP customers may be eligible for a rebate for the installation of a ductless heat pump (DHP) or a ducted mini-split heat pump system, which often are a less-expensive option than whole-home centrally ducted heat pump systems, for homes with:
- existing zonal electric heat such as forced-air furnace, baseboard, wall, or plug-in (conversion): $1,300
- existing ductless heat pump (upgrade to 11.0 HSPF unit): $300
- existing non-electric heating system: No rebate
Our IQEEUP for Tenants and Landlords offers increased rebates for the installation of ducted, high-efficiency heat pump (HEHP) systems for homes with:
- existing electric forced-air furnace (conversion): $3,800
- existing electric heat pump, ductless heat pump, non-electric heating system, or no existing primary heating system (upgrade): $2,800
Participants in our IQEEUP for Tenants and Landlords may be eligible for an increased rebate for the installation of a ductless heat pump (DHP) or a ducted mini-split heat pump system, which often are a less-expensive option than whole-home centrally ducted heat pump systems, for homes with:
- existing zonal electric heat such as forced-air furnace, baseboard, wall, or plug-in (conversion): $2.600
- existing ductless heat pump (upgrade to 11.0 HSPF unit): $600
- existing non-electric heating system: No rebate
*** Maximum IQEEUP Rebate = 80% of Purchase Price ***
Ground Source Heat Pumps:
The utility also offers a rebate of up to $4,955 to customers who install a new ground-source heat pump system, also known as a geothermal heat system. The system must be the primary heating and cooling source for the building. No rebate to replace an existing ground source heat pump system. Participants of our IQEEUP for Tenants and Landlords do not qualify for this rebate.
The following conditions must be met for ALL Ducted Heat Pump and Mini-Split rebates:
- Equipment must be installed within 60 days of pre-approval notification. Your contractor may have to resubmit pre-approval documents to the utility if installation occurs after 60 days.
- The unit must be installed in a building served by the PUD.
- The dwelling or building should be up to code for proper attic, wall and floor insulation for highest efficiency operation of new HVAC units, but is not required for rebate eligibility.
- Ductless Heat Pumps (DHP) must be installed by a licensed HVAC contractor.
- For DHP installs: Contractor or customer must submit partially completed (*) fields on NWCPUD Heat Pump Rebate Application prior to installation for pre-approval. Then, submit completed application with customer signature after installation for final approval.
- Ducted, High-Efficiency Heat Pump (HEHP) system(s) must be installed and commissioned by a registered PTCS certified HVAC contractor.
- For HEHP installs: AHRI Certificate or #, partially completed (*) fields on NWCPUD Heat Pump Rebate Application, and an approved Heat Pump Sizing Calculator to be completed by installing contractor and submitted to PUD prior to installation for pre-approval. System ductwork may be required to be sealed by a certified PTCS Duct Sealing technician in order to qualify for the HEHP rebate. Then, submit completed rebate application with customer signature after installation for final approval.
- Air Source Heat Pumps must have HSPF > 9.0 and SEER > 14.0
- Ductless Heat Pumps (Single Zone & Multi-Head Systems) conversions must have an HSPF > 9.0 (Upgrades must have an HSPF of 11.0 or greater)
- The system and contractor must comply with PUD specifications for heat pump installations.
- Customer or contractor must provide copies of the itemized invoice and submit all associated paperwork to be eligible. These QA inspections are in addition to all required city or county inspections.
- A PUD representative will inspect the equipment and installation prior to rebate disbursement.
- Only one heat pump rebate is allowed per customer meter in a ten-year period.
The PUD does not make any express or implied warranty of the heating system a customer installs, of the electrical work needed in compliance with state or local electric building codes, or the quality of the work performed by a contractor or supplier.
Rebates are only available as long as funding is available and may be withdrawn without notice.