Apply for Residential Service

Are you a new customer or an existing one moving to a new residence that already has electricity?  You will need to stop by the NWCPUD office, located at 2345 River Road in the Dalles, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

New customers will need to turn in a signed application, and current customers moving into a residence with existing power need to apply for the change in service with one of our friendly service representatives.

If you have any questions before coming in, please feel free to give us a call at 541-296-2226.

If you are a new customer, one of these three options  will be required when opening a new account:

  • Pay a service deposit, or
  • Provide the district with a qualifying “Letter of Credit” from another utility, or
  • Sign up with an eligible co-signer

When an established or previous customer opens a new account, the credit history and rating will be transferred to the new account. In the event the customer has a delinquent account balance, the customer must make payment arrangements with the utility before the PUD will start service at the new location.