Residential Energy Audits and Rebates
Your home is eligible to participate in our weatherization program if it is electrically heated with baseboards, wall units, forced air furnace or a heat pump.
At your request, we will visit your home and perform a free energy audit that examines the attic space, walls, floors, crawlspace, ducts, and windows. We then recommend areas you need to improve in order to bring the home up to today’s insulation code.
We’ll also let you know about any available rebates. Only existing electrically heated homes qualify for the rebate program. If you are adding rooms, gutting and remodeling, or planning new construction, then the rebates won’t cover these activities. Any work done prior to the audit also won’t qualify for a rebate.
After the audit is complete, we will provide recommendations based on the highest possible energy savings.
The rebates available as of January 1, 2017 are:
- Attic insulation increased to minimum R-38 = 75 cents per square foot
- Exterior wall and kneewall insulation increased to minimum R-11 = $1.25 per Sq Ft.
- Floor insulation increased to minimum R-19 = 75 cents / Sq Ft.
- Duct sealing in a home constructed on site = $350
- Duct sealing in a manufactured home = $300
- Window replacements that are rated at .30 U-Value or LOWER = $6 / Sq Ft.
- Door replacements that are Energy-Star approved: pre-hung, with new threshold = $75 each
Rebates can’t exceed 80% of the costs per measure, and invoices are required with rebate submission.
Please contact Lance or Travis at the PUD by calling 541-296-2226 before you begin any weatherization projects at your home if you are interested in qualifying for our weatherization rebate program.